The City Manager shall be the Chief Administrative and Executive Officer of the City. According to the City Charter, these duties and responsibilities include:
1. Appoint, suspend, and remove all City employees and administrative officers provided for in the Charter.
2. Establish, consolidate, direct, and supervise the administration of all departments, offices, and agencies of the City.
3. See that all State laws and City ordinances are effectively enforced.
4. Attend or designate a City employee to attend all City Council, Commission, and Board meetings with the right to take part in discussion, but shall not vote.
5. Prepare and accept, or designate an appropriate department head or City employee to prepare and accept, items for inclusion in the official agenda of all City Council meetings and meetings of all boards and commissions.
6. Prepare and recommend to the City Council the annual budget and administer the budget as adopted by the Council.
7. Keep the City Council fully advised, at least quarterly, as to the financial conditions and future needs of the City and make such recommendations concerning the affairs of the City, as the City Manager or the Council deems desirable or necessary.
8. Make reports as the City Council may require concerning the operation of the City departments, offices, or agencies subject to the City Manager’s direction or supervision.
9. Execute all contracts as authorized by resolution or ordinances adopted by the City Council except as otherwise provided in the Charter.
10. Ensure that the City Master Plan is maintained and that all changes are approved by the City Council, and
11. Perform such other duties as are specified in the Charter or may be required by the City Council which are consistent with the Charter as well as State and Federal laws.